Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
UK news Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
It took five âseriously unimpressedâ officers an hour to release 22-year-old who âcould quite easily have suffocatedâ
Five firefighters spent an hour working to release a YouTube prankster who had cemented his head inside a microwave oven.
The 22-year-old and a group of friends mixed seven bags of Polyfilla before pouring it around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the appliance.
Their intention was to use the microwave as a mould. By the time emergency services were called at 1.49pm on Wednesday to the garage of a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, the group had already been trying to free him for 90 minutes.
The friends had managed to help the man breathe through an air tube.
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, the officer in charge of the West Midlands fire service crew who responded, said: âAs funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured. Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded.
âWe video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck.
âHe was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe mo re easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.
âIt took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.âTopics
- UK news
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Google+
- Share on WhatsApp
- Share on Messenger
- Reuse this content