Husband suspects wife of affair, then allegedly kills her
Sun, Jan 14, 2018
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The Other Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
IPOH: Police have detained a labourer for allegedly assaulting his wife to death, after suspecting her of having an affair.
The drama unfolded on Jan 11 when the 40-year-old man hit his wife, 38, and she fell unconscious at their house in Matang, here. She was subsequently rushed to Taiping Hospital in an ambulance after she was found unconscious.
The mother of four, aged between five and 15, is believed to have suffered bleeding in the brain and died in the hospital at around 9.30pm the next day.
According t o Taiping district police chief ACP Mohamad Taib, the suspect surrendered at the Kuala Sepetang district police station on Friday.
"Her husband, a labourer, came to the police station and told policemen that his wife had fallen unconscious after he hit her," he said today. The man was subsequently arrested at the police station.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the husband allegedly beat his wife after suspecting her of having a close relationship with another man.
The post-mortem report revealed that the cause of death was due to head injury caused by blunt trauma.
The case was initially investigated under Section 325 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing grievous hurt.
However, Mohamad Taib said the case was now classified under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder and the suspect has been remanded to facilitate investigations.
Related article s
- Woman stages own kidnapping to avoid husband finding out her affair with another man
- Man kills three in amok case near Kuching (Updated)
- Labourer detained for illegal possession of heroin near Taiping
- Woman allegedly kidnapped remanded four days
- Task force formed to monitor probe into MACC chief's alleged affair: AG
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- The undoing of Pakatan On The Other Hand SIMON Sinek's earlier book tells us to always start by asking why. The "why" of something...
- Trump turns on Pakistan Others HENRY Kissinger rightly noted that it's often more dangerous being an ally of the United...
- Factor in spirituality Others HIGHER Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh gave his lively annual address to a...
- PH manifesto silent on national unity Others AS the 14th general election draws close and political parties go all out to woo the...
- Kop test for Cityâs âQuadâ credentials Inside Write WHISPER it softly, but are Manchester City running out of steam? It may seem impertinent...
- Feel-good factor missing Making Sens DESPITE a trifecta of statistics suggesting 2017 was an excellent year for the Malaysian...