Judge Loya death: Don't want to make allegations against anyone, stop harassing us, says son
- Judge Loya death: Donât want to make allegations against anyone, stop harassing us, says son
"We faced some pressure from politicians and NGOs. We donât want to name anyone, but please excuse my family from continuously asking about my father's death," Judge Loya's son Anuj saidAnuj Loya S/O Justice Brijopal Loya held a PC at Nariman point in Mumbai on Sunday. (Express photo by Nirmal Harindran) Related News
- Let CJI or Collegium judges hear all PILs: Bar association
- Judge Loya death âseriousâ, SC seeks Maharashtra view on probe
- SC to hear two pleas seeking judge Loya death probe today
Speaking to the media for the first time since a controversy erupted over the death of special CBI Judge Brijmohan Harikishan Loya, who had been hearing the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, his son Anuj said the family did not want to blame anyone and asked not to be harassed.
The row over Loyaâs death was reignited after the four most senior judges of the Supreme Court on Friday alleged that cases having far-reaching consequences for the nation and the institution had been assigned by the CJI selectively to benches âof their preferenceâ. Asked if it was about the pet itions seeking a probe into the death of special CBI judge B H Loya, Justice Gogoi replied in the affirmative.
The Caravan Magazine had reported last year that members of Loyaâs family, among them his father Harikishan Loya and sisters Anuradha Biyani and Savita Mandhane, had alleged that the judgeâs death was suspicious. Loya had died in 2014 when he was hearing the Sohrabuddin Sheikh âfake encounterâ case, in which BJP chief Amit Shah was an accused but was later discharged.
ALSO READ: CBI judge BH Loyaâs death in 2014: Nothing suspicious, say two Bombay HC judges who were at hospital
Addressing a press conference, Anuj Loya said the family had no suspicion over his fatherâs death. âIâm going through media reports in the past few days. I had an emotional turmoil, hence I had suspicions about his death. But now we donât have any doubts about the way he died. We do not want to make any allegations against anyone,â the seco nd-year student said.
With tears in his eyes, he also urged NGOs and politicians to stop âharassingâ his family. âWe faced some pressure from politicians and NGOs. We donât want to name anyone, but please excuse my family from continuously asking about my fatherâs death,â he said.Judge Loya had died in 2014 when he was hearing the Sohrabuddin Sheikh âfake encounterâ case. (File Photo)
However, t his is not the first time that Anuj has spoken about his fatherâs death. In November, TOI reported that Anuj called on the Bombay High Court Chief Justice Manjula Chellur to convey that the family had no complaints or suspicions about the circumstances of his fatherâs death. Anuj told the CJ that the family was certain that his father had died of a heart attack.
In a separate statement, District judge (retired) KB Katake, a friend of Judge Loya, said the family didnât want to be a victim of politics. âFamily of Judge Loya is being harassed. Many people are visiting his house and harassing him. We have no suspicion on his death. Do not want to be victims of any politics,â he said.
The familyâs lawyer, Ameet Naik, reiterated that there was no need of politicising the issue. âThere is no controversy. No need of politicising the issue. This is a tragic event. We do not want to be victims of politicisation of the issue. Let it remain the way it is, non- contro versial,â Naik said. The petition in the Loya case is currently being heard by a bench of Justices Arun Mishra and Mohan M Shantanagoudar and is due to come up for hearing on January 15.
(With inputs from Agencies)
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express AppÂ© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Related News
- Supreme Court to hear plea seeking probe into Judge Loyaâs death
- Sohrabuddin fake encounter: 5 more get bail; now all 38 accused cops out of jail
- FIR against Tribune reporter over Aadhaar data breach story
- Padmavati becomes 'Padmavat', set to clash with Akshay Kumar's PadMan on January 25
- Photos: Anushka Sharma back on the sets of Shah Rukh Khan's Zero after dreamy wedding
- India vs South Africa 1st Test: South Africa beat India by 72 runs
- Judge Loya death: Don't want to make allegations against anyone, stop harassing us, says son
- Political, military approach must go hand in hand to bring peace to Kashmir: Army Chief
- PM Modi welcomes Benjamin Netanyahu on 'historic' visit, Israeli PM says India a global power
- OpinionAcross the aisle: Tr uth, post-truth and again the truth
- OpinionFifth column: An idea gone very wrong
- EntertainmentBigg Boss 11 finale LIVE UPDATES: Shilpa Shinde or Hina Khan, who will be the winner?
- EntertainmentPuneesh Sharma makes an early exit from Bigg Boss 11 finale
- EntertainmentVikas Gupta is the second runner-up of Bigg Boss 11
- TrendingVIDEO: Woman gets hit by a car TWICE; survives miraculously
- TrendingGuy goes on Tinder date, but realises there's something wrong Top News
- SHOCKING ! Pegasus Airlines flight skids off Turkish runway on Black Sea coast
- Congress' wisecrack on PM Modiâs 'hugplomacy' leaves BJP enraged
- EntertainmentBigg Boss 11 finale LIVE UPDATES
- Tamil Nadu politics: New messiahs, and how they are different from the old
- SportsIndia 183/5 at stumps on Day 2 of second Test
- SportsPBL Final Live: Hyderabad fight Bengaluru for title
- LifestyleMahasweta Devi's 92nd birth anniversary: Remembering the fiery author and her work
- LifestyleMakar Sankranti 2018 Special: Top Songs to Play during the Festivities
- TechnologyWhatsApp 'obsolete' error: Here's all you need to know and how to fix
- TechnologyFacebook 'Portal' to rival Amazon Echo Show, likely to launch in May: Report
- UPSC IAS Prelims 2018: Important topics which cannot be missed
- Farmers attack, kill leopard with axes to save bullock
- Sri Lanka would come back strongly, feels Romesh Kaluwitharana
- Twenty lakh pilgrims take holy dip on Makar Sankranti
- Twitter handle of Indiaâs UN envoy Akbaruddin restored after being hacked
- Read Next
- Twenty-eight held for attack on Nitish Kumar cavalcade
- Feels good to see your name in the records books, says Rishabh Pant after 38-ball 116*
- Strong earthquake in southern Peru leaves one dead, 20 injured