Netizen 24 ZAF: Selangor government solved Ijok land issue, MB's aide says

Posted by On 4:45 AM

Selangor government solved Ijok land issue, MB's aide says

Tools

  • Increase Text
  • Decrease Text
  • Reset Text
  • Print Article

Yin said the situation was far diferent from Umno's depiction.â€Yin said the situation was far diferent from Umno's depiction.â€" Picture by Saw Siow FengKUALA LUMPUR, Feb 15 â€" The current Selangor government has managed to resolve the Ijok land issues within four years, a state official said today.

Yin Shao Loong, strategic communications director from the Selangor Mentri Besar’s Office said that Umno’s attacks against Datuk Seri Azmin Ali on the issue is because they themselves had failed to settle the matter in the past.

“The problem becomes evident during the administration of Barisan Nasional whereby settlers have been waiting for 18 years in seeking justice,” he said in a statement.

Barisan Nasional Strategic Communication director Datuk Seri Abdul Rahman Dahlan had earlier questioned Azmin’s decision to drop its case in the Federal Court in May 17, 2016 over a billion-ringgit land deal, when the case clearly favoured the state government yesterday.

Yin explained that the situation was far different from Umno who had ‘gifted’ 3,200 acres of land in Ijok with a low price to crony companies and neglected the welfare of the settlers.

He said the problem inherited from the previous administration was quickly resolved through a RM1.18 billion land sale to the developers and compensation rendered to the settlers.

“Although the order to seize the lands were granted by the High Court and Court of Appeal, the state government still had to pay compensation ov er millions of ringgit to two developers in a high risk move initiated by former Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim,” he said.

In 1998, the settlers agreed to allow a few companies including Mujur Zaman and LBCN Development to develop the land in Ijok, including their housing. The companies also agreed to pay the settlers compensation.

When Pakatan Rakyat took over Selangor after the 2008 General Elections, the-then Mentri Besar Khalid seized the land utilising the National Land Code.

Khalid reportedly said the companies did not meet certain conditions under the National Land Code which they did not pay the land premium, failed to change the land’s status from agricultural land to residential land; and did not pay the premium to change the land status.

Mujur Zaman and LBCN Development then sued the state government at the High Court and on October 22, 2013 they lost the case. They also lost the case at the Court of Appeals on February 17, 201 4.

Source: Google News

Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »